Intuit has released the R6 update for QuickBooks 2013 recently, and I was curious to know if this fixed the random crashes experienced by some of my clients in Enterprise Solutions 2013 in a multi-user environment. It turns out that one client had their problems resolved but another did not. And after reading another blog about this patch, it may be due to additional pushes. But at this point, I would give the green light to those holding out to upgrade to the 2013 version. I personally haven't had any problems and I love the new interface.
Speaking of the interface, they have returned the color scheme options in QuickBooks. The colors aren't the same as the old ones as these are a lot more vibrant. For an eye-popping, show-stopping theme, try the lime green or the pink.
The list of everything that has changed with R6 is extensive, so here is the full description from Intuit's web site:
What's important about Release 6?
- Resolved QBW32.EXE Fatal Application Exit error (Unrecoverable Error 02700 80318)
- Improved performance.
- Added the ability to change the Company File Color Scheme
- Added Windows 8 support for the QuickBooks Attach Documents scan manager.
- Added Monthly payroll item limits.
- After updating to R6, in certain conditions a manual sync might be required for Enterprise users to be able to use subscriptions like QuickBooks email, Accountants Copy File Transfer, or Advanced Inventory.
|Add Multiple Items|
|Batch Enter Transactions|
|Fixed Asset Manager|
|Intuit Sync Manager|
|QuickBooks Attached Documents|
|QuickBooks Online Banking|
|QuickBooks Online Services|